Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning issue?

I an having a random high idle issue when rolling in neutral. If i am going above about 6 mph my idle will spike up to about 1800rpm and the faster i roll the higher the idle gets until about 3000rpm then it levels off and surges between 2600 and 3000.. Is this a tuning issue? I checked for vacuume leaks everywhere i could. If there was a vacuume leak would the issue happen at idle aswell? I also noticed that when i sit in neutral and rev the engine at a stop the speed o goes up to about 5 mph. I had a diablo tune in the car and it was custom tuned and hapening after i took the tune out to put it back to stock the issue got alot worse. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 PM
10 Second Club

What vehicle are you working with?? LS1, LS2, LS3??? M6/A4/A6???

Hard saying if it is a tuning issue or what without seeing a scan log and the tune file.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:01 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 06X6spdGTO
What vehicle are you working with?? LS1, LS2, LS3??? M6/A4/A6???

Hard saying if it is a tuning issue or what without seeing a scan log and the tune file.

Its a 2004 cts v with an ls6. The only tuning i have is a diablo sport tune but i threw the origional tune back in and its still doing it. I also noticed it only does it with the A/C on. I do realize that when the A/C turns on it should bump the idle a little but that much seems excessive.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Tuning issue?