Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 ls1 SD turbo tuning issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 ls1 SD turbo tuning issues

this is the first time of tuning the pcm for the engine setup so its all gotta be done..i am having my teacher tune the car and we have done everything correct so far from what we know but we are having a problem with it leaning out around 3000rpm. its kinda rich at idle but when you slowly rev it up it starts to lean out around 3000rpms..its going to like 32-2 afr. im just wondering if anyone has any hints or pointers to help us out alittle with getting this car on the road. were using efi live btw.
we have allready tested the fuel pressure, tps...tomorrow im going to check for an intake leak or map sensor leak and were going to put a new tps in it just for the hell of it. thanks for any help, i dont even think this is enough information for anyone to help,but im just trying to help my teacher out with tuning the car since idk how to tune a car at all.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What do you mean with 32-2 AFR?

Nobody can help you if you don't attach your current tune and a datalog to see what is happening
Old 10-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i cant attach the tune because its not my efilive tuner..its my teachers, so i guess nevermind..im starting to wonder if we aren't setting it up right for SD or that we aren't tuning something out that needs to be tuned out..or i may have a bad tps, even though we checked it with the efilive tuner and a scanner. idk but thanks anyways..im sure we will figure it out with time and patients.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

The EFILIVE forum has COS tutorials to set it up correctly....
http://download.efilive.com/Tutorial...g%20System.htm

Quick Reply: 2000 ls1 SD turbo tuning issues