Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o.k to spray with ses light on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default o.k to spray with ses light on?

i have a damn intermittent code..its the pass side rear 02. i have reset the computer and it will run fine for about 60 miles then it comes back on. the car is driving as normal. i have had the cats checked and there is nothing wrong with them. i know its just the sensor but why pay 70 bucks for a new one? i'm getting some simms and an ory instead. i know this doesnt net a whole lot or any hp in some cases but the main reason is so i dont have to replace the rear 02's in the future. my quesion is can i spray the juice while the light is on? i have heard that the ses light does nothing as far as how the car runs. I could see if the code was from a misfire or something but just a "low efficiency left bank two BS"? i have read SOMEWHERE, i cant remember that the car puts more timing in when the light is on..no good for giggly. Is this true? just something about spraying when that damn light is on. I will try not to do it period, but if anybody out theres like me and some punk in a fast car thinks hes going to smoke you..have to let him know.. ls1 biiiottch
Old 04-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redbandit98
i have a damn intermittent code..its the pass side rear 02. i have reset the computer and it will run fine for about 60 miles then it comes back on. the car is driving as normal. i have had the cats checked and there is nothing wrong with them. i know its just the sensor but why pay 70 bucks for a new one? i'm getting some simms and an ory instead. i know this doesnt net a whole lot or any hp in some cases but the main reason is so i dont have to replace the rear 02's in the future. my quesion is can i spray the juice while the light is on? i have heard that the ses light does nothing as far as how the car runs. I could see if the code was from a misfire or something but just a "low efficiency left bank two BS"? i have read SOMEWHERE, i cant remember that the car puts more timing in when the light is on..no good for giggly. Is this true? just something about spraying when that damn light is on. I will try not to do it period, but if anybody out theres like me and some punk in a fast car thinks hes going to smoke you..have to let him know.. ls1 biiiottch
From what I have heard and read, the pcm goes into open loop mode, which is what it does when you first start the car. So its just going to rely on tables for fuel and spark that it knows are "close" to stoich. So running nos on an ses light isn't a problem. You don't run nos in part throttle situations anyway where closed loop runs. However, I'd make damn sure there isn't anything that would make my car run lean or have too much timing. So I'd do some checks on my fuel system and my sensors before hittin the switch.