PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Help!! Running Issues "Open Headers"

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all of the input. It looks like I have several possible problems and in hind sight I wish I would have just paid to have the VATS tuned out and then went back to get the SD tune. Just to eliminate some of the possible problems we just ordered some material and we are going to extended the exhaust so that the O2s are atleast 18" up stream So this shouldn't be a problem in the near future.

However my brother just called and the mechanic with a good scanner has been working on it now. He said the MAP sensor is showing bad and also that the fuel pump is kicking out. This is all second hand, but he said something about I did not have the fuel pump wired into my oil pressure gauge and the computer was telling the pump to shut off since there wasn't an oil pressure signal. I am not real sure what is going on at this point, but I will find out. I simply just wired the fuel pump up to a relay with the fuel pump wire from the computer being the signal to open and close the fuel pump relay. I will post more info as I find out more.

Also I have currently pluged the MAF back up and from what I gathered through my brother the mechanic acted like it was reading the MAF...

Thanks for all the help
Old 12-13-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to find a different mechanic. That motor doesn't have the oil pressure controlling the fuel pump. If the fuel pump is shutting off, then it's probably a defective pump.

Quick Reply: Help!! Running Issues "Open Headers"