Sponsored by:

Why do I keep blowing a fuse??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
WU8
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do I keep blowing a fuse??

The ENG SEN fuse to be exact. It controls the skip shift, MAF, O2 sensors, and the reverse lockout solenoid. A few months ago it blew and when i replaced, it went again. I checked all the connections and did some poking around the wires and such to see if I could find a bad one but didnt. But it seemed that right after that, I replaced the fuse for the 3rd or 4th time and it was ok.

This problem showed up again last night. So far I've been through like 25 fuses trying to figure it out. I tried removing the skip shift emilminator, the o2 sims, disconnecting the lockout solenoid, disconnecting the MAF, replacing the MAF with one off an 02 Hawk in every different combination. Almost everytime the fuse just blew by just turning the power on. Tested the o2 sims and skip shift eliminator for continuity. The eliminator didnt have any. But it still blows when it is not on the car.

Im running out of ideas. Could be a short, but why would it have worked for a few months? Last time it did this was just before my last battery went dead, so I think my next move will be to try another battery. The only other thing I can think of is rain. Yesterday and today we had a lot of rain here, something we havent had in quite a while, but the car sat in a parking garage for like 6 hours and I replaced the fuse before I started it. It blew before I got out of the garage.

Anyone have any other ideas before I take it to the dealer?