Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another SD question

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another SD question

I know SD tunes can be very hard to work with if there not tuned correctly but I have a temporary mail tune on my new motor for speed density just to break the motor in so I can get it tuned correctly. I have put about 50 miles on the motor with no issues then had to change the oil pump o-ring and after I put everything back together and tried to start it starts idles for about two seconds and dies and does this repeatedly. When I was driving the car it was around 60 degrees here and after it had to fix it we were in the high 30's low 40's temperature wise. Could the weather conditions be part of it not wanting to idle? or should I look to some thing else? I have trouble shot just about everything electrical I could find and my only thoughts now are all the stories about speed density not doing well with temp changes but I figured the car would start and run poorly not just shut down every time. Any advice or help is appreciated, im getting frustrated and just want to drive it.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by D01ss
I know SD tunes can be very hard to work with if there not tuned correctly but I have a temporary mail tune on my new motor for speed density just to break the motor in so I can get it tuned correctly. I have put about 50 miles on the motor with no issues then had to change the oil pump o-ring and after I put everything back together and tried to start it starts idles for about two seconds and dies and does this repeatedly. When I was driving the car it was around 60 degrees here and after it had to fix it we were in the high 30's low 40's temperature wise. Could the weather conditions be part of it not wanting to idle? or should I look to some thing else? I have trouble shot just about everything electrical I could find and my only thoughts now are all the stories about speed density not doing well with temp changes but I figured the car would start and run poorly not just shut down every time. Any advice or help is appreciated, im getting frustrated and just want to drive it.
SD is a little tricky to get it dialed in to idle correctly. You honestly really need to buy HPTuners and properly adjust it yourself. Without it, you will be spending alot of $$ on shipping pcm back to you tuner. I spent probably 6 hours on my idle tune and still have not perfected idle. Cold start is great now and warm start is great, but when rpms come back down comming to a stop of pressing brake pedal in, sometimes does still. Still working on it lol
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

vcious is right if you own it then you can tweak it all you want . sd is just as stable as sd/maf you just need to run it with stft's on.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The problem is not the weather... it is the various tables that need to be edited to achieve a good idle.

Quick Reply: Another SD question