Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speed sensor code ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed sensor code ?

i have an 01 s10 that i did an ls3 swap in with a 4l65e. it keeps trowing a veh.speed sensor code. i have replaced the sensor even though it seemed ok. the speedo works fine , and logging with hp tuners while driving, the speedo never misses a beat. my question is the truck has a high stall converter that flashes to 3600rpm. could the ecm sense the large difference in rpm between the engine and driveshaft causing the code? any ideas.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be, I am no expert. Just letting you know mine doesn't do that and it has a 3200 stall. Does it only do it when you go WOT? I could only see this happening if your desired mph shift and desired rpm shift tables were way separated, and it bounces off the rev limiter. Good luck.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by quadfather
i have an 01 s10 that i did an ls3 swap in with a 4l65e. it keeps trowing a veh.speed sensor code. i have replaced the sensor even though it seemed ok. the speedo works fine , and logging with hp tuners while driving, the speedo never misses a beat. my question is the truck has a high stall converter that flashes to 3600rpm. could the ecm sense the large difference in rpm between the engine and driveshaft causing the code? any ideas.
Do some searching in the automatic tranny section. I know there is a code that gets thrown due to high stalls, but I'm not sure if it's the VSS code or not. Your answer will be in the Auto section.

Quick Reply: speed sensor code ?