Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No 2-3 shift under nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No 2-3 shift under nitrous

I have a 2002 Camaro SS with a long list of additions with a built 4l60e and a yank 3600ss converter. The car makes around 400 on motor and 606 on spray! Cam only stock long block ls1. I have hp tuners, I can do a wot pull on motor and it pulls through all the gears like it should. I can stop activate the nitrous and try to make the same pull on spray and it will just tap the rev limiter until I let out and let it shift and the stomp it again. My tranny guy is fantastic, he has been back through the Trans and has done everything he can. This problem has to be in my tune can someone point me in the right direction? Btw sometimes it will shift and sometimes it won't. More often it won't though.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You more than likely drop shift RPM a little or raise the limiter. With the nitrous the RPM's are climbing faster than it takes to complete the shift.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've maxed out the line pressure, lowered the shift point down to 5800 rpms and shortened the shift time, their is also no torque management. I guess I should have stated where I stand with the tune-up. I've then raised the shift point back up to 6100 and i can get it to shift every now and then, my car was NOT equipped with traction control and I have noticed sometimes the low trac light comes on if it does shift. Yet their are no traction control setting in my tune (it is zeroed out). Also it seems like it doesn't shift if I get really bad tire spin through first and second.. Again I am throwing out all I have noticed and dealt with to try to get the help I'm seeking. Sorry to ramble here.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post your tune and what tire size and rear end ratio

Quick Reply: No 2-3 shift under nitrous