PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trip odometer is resetting itself.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Trip odometer is resetting itself.

A few times a week my trip odometer has reset itself overnight. It seems that I'm loosing power or something strange is happening as the vehicle sits for long periods. All other settings hold memory. . I suspect something with the computer. In addition, my air bag light comes on and off periodically, my temp gauge ( only at idle) will drop down to 100* mark then pop back up to 190*).

My real issue is that I feel like my tune changes and runs very rich at times. This is why I believe the computer has an issue.

I did check the terminals and clean them.
I also had a battery issue last week, after leaving the key on for about an hour ... It was drained. Definitely should not have happened. I plan on replacing the red optima with another today.

Any thoughts.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The computer has nothing to do with the odometer or cluster on your car as far as storage goes... It is a bad battery usually that will cause your issues you are having. Get your battery replaced with a new one, then have them check your alternator at a place that does it for free like autozone. My guess is that the reserve capacity of your battery is way down.

Quick Reply: Trip odometer is resetting itself.