Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls2 harness help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 harness help needed

I am somewhat new to the ls scene but I have done some research so I hope not to sound too stupid.

Yesterday I purchased a ls2 out of a 2006 Cadillac ctsv. I have the engine, tranny t56, PCM e67, gas pedal, and all the accessories. Here is the problem, the engine harness was not available. The engine is going to be installed in a bmw e30.

So I need a harness. I shopped Current Performance, PSI, BP, Speartech, etc. The issue is that I want to use the e30 fuse box and all those harnesses come with fuse boxes. I found a 2006 Gto harness on eBay but I know that the gto's had e40 PCMs and 24x reluctors. I have a e67 PCM and a 58x reluctor. I also learned that the e40 and the e67 PCMs had the connectors on different locations on the PCM but what I don't know is if the pinouts are different. I don't want to have to repin the PCM connectors.

So the question is how much work will be to use the Gto e40 harness in the ctsv e67 engine and PCM?

Any help would be appreciated.

Alex
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just find the right harness. What you are asking will be a mess. Take your time and don't rush things. That or just get the cheap gm street rod version harness erod for e67 and just cut off the fuse block. Pink wires are ign. Red /orange are 12v battery.

Quick Reply: Ls2 harness help needed