Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tune or stall problem?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tune or stall problem?

Im having a few issues with my car. Its a heads/cam/ 3600 stall car.

1.on the freeway at speed the car does not accelerate full out when i go wot, it kind of gradually and slowly accelerates. As if its not dropping to the lowest gear to go full out.

2. At times when i floor it from a dead stop, the car takes off hard but then the rpms drop extremely low and then climb back up rapidly.

3. When i tried to do a burnout once in drive, i floored the car and almost no power went to the rear wheels.. I held the pedal to the floor and it was almost like the car was in 4th gear not 1st (even though it was in drive at a dead stop). I had to get off the gas then start again before it acted correctly.

4. When both in drive and when manually shifting at times when the car is at wot and going from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd the rpms drop about 1k too low on each shift instead of staying at the higher rpm to have a consistent and steady pull. It kind of dies out just a bit on each shift..

Is this a stall problem or possibly a tune issue?
Old 02-01-2013, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, i changed my rear springs and the problem seemed to go away completely. the story on the springs is this... the ra-tard i bought the car from took out the rear spring bushing, and then cut the rear springs almost in half. the car was always bottoming out, swaying ridiculously and all other types or rear suspension problems.... i went and put a set of 95 v6 camaro springs with the rubber bushings and it has been night and day... im thinking maybe with the previous cut spring the car was putting too much load on the rear end causing issues in acceleration and performance? any thoughts guys?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Very weird. I would think it would be a stall converter problem.

Did you repeat the same steps that you mentioned above?
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the first post I mean?*
Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a scanner on the sucker. Key on engine off, pedal to the floor. Look at the Throttle Position. Make sure it goes all the way to 100%