Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what am i missing??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default what am i missing??

i have a 2002 manual fbody ecm. im switching car to a 4l80. ive searched and downloaded stock 4l60 tunes to change ecm to auto... but when i try to flash my ecm with new tune it wont let me even click write calibration button. help! what steps am i missing? do i need licenses for the new file im trying to use??
Old 02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm useing hp tuners
Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to license the new tune. HPtuners should prompt you to license it when you open it with your editor.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:15 AM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Is the tune in the PCM already licensed? If it is I think you should be able to read it out and have the transmision segment swapped out for an automatic one and then flashed back in without getting another license. I know HPT use to do segment swaps for you, I'm not sure if they still do but if you go to there forum I'm sure you can find out. I switched to EFI Live several years ago and their licensing scheme only license the PCM so it doesn't mater what tune or OS you put in it or change to, you never have to use another license. There was a user on here I think his user name was fof667 or something close to that who was helpful at getting segment swaps down, I think his name is Bill

Quick Reply: what am i missing??