Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Diablo tune for Procharger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo tune for Procharger?

Not sure if my thinking is right so I will just spill it! I'm going with a Procharger 7psi this spring, they have told me that the Diablo tuner is for stock only, I have 3:73 gears and want the skip shift removed (already done all this with Jet DST). My local tuner, the only game in town says he cannot extract the Diablo tune and will have to start from scratch, fair enough, from what PC says its a conservative tune any way! So, is there an LS1 7psi tune that I can buy and download by e-mail so this tuner could load that and make final adjustments from that? It would have to be HP tuner which is fine. From what I have read there is no "be all, end all tune", they all have to be verified on the dyno and I want to know that its safe and what I have at the wheels. Thanks, Les...
Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, Id have to wonder why you cant read the diablo tune out as a base file, there is nothing keeping it from being read out.

Perhaps the tuner simply wants to start with a knock stock file....
Old 02-21-2013, 05:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Well, Id have to wonder why you cant read the diablo tune out as a base file, there is nothing keeping it from being read out.

Perhaps the tuner simply wants to start with a knock stock file....
Well Mike, maybe you can help me with this one. I called your office today and spoke to someone in sales, twice, should have got his name. I'm using Jet DST which is Tunercat, have already adjusted my gear ratio and disabled the skip shift. if I load the Diablo tune, it will save the file I have already modified, then flash over a copy of that file with the Procharger tune. Your guy put down the phone, came back and said this will work If you can verify this it solves my problem and don't need to rush to the dyno. I would also be curious if I can view and modify the Diablo tune with Jet DST? It would be so easy if this works, let me know, thanks, Les...
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

You can load the diablo tune then read it out if you want.
I guess Im not following where you are going to get the procharger tune from?
if you get it in our format, it can be loaded with the Predator.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
You can load the diablo tune then read it out if you want.
I guess Im not following where you are going to get the procharger tune from?
if you get it in our format, it can be loaded with the Predator.
Thanks Mike, the Procharger tune comes with the supercharger kit, but is for 3:42 gears and skip shift in place. I have made these changes with Jet DST, your guy says when I load the Procharger tune with the supplied Predator it will write over the Jet DST but retain the changes I have already made? Regarding reading out the tune, what does that mean? Would I be able to convert this to HP Tuner? It would be nice to just use the supplied tune and keep my changes, not have to worry about a Dyno cause I would be paying for it twice!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2002 T/A
Thanks Mike, the Procharger tune comes with the supercharger kit, but is for 3:42 gears and skip shift in place. I have made these changes with Jet DST, your guy says when I load the Procharger tune with the supplied Predator it will write over the Jet DST but retain the changes I have already made? Regarding reading out the tune, what does that mean? Would I be able to convert this to HP Tuner? It would be nice to just use the supplied tune and keep my changes, not have to worry about a Dyno cause I would be paying for it twice!
OK, so you are planning to use the PC7198 Predator that came with the kit?

If so, no wories.
If you changed gear ratio in the PCM already, thats what the tool will see as the stock value, and it will not change it.

Just load the procharger tune and enjoy.
If you want to make further chnages from there, you can fine tune with DST afterward.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Diablo tune for Procharger?