PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Do You Adjust Idle Airflow Using EFI Live?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do You Adjust Idle Airflow Using EFI Live?

I have spoken with Jess at wait4me performance and he get me on the right track with my tune, but I still need help figuring out how to smooth up my idle. I do not have a wideband in the car, so Jess told me I could use the long term and short term fuel trim difference's as a way of adjusting my idle airflow. The car is hard to start, revs up and down searching for idle anytime you go to neutral or rev it. But when you drive the car down the road for a while it begins idling at 1600rpm anytime you go to neutral, which I should be able to adjust with the throttle cracker table I believe.

My main question is which tables to adjust to get the idle airflow correct and how do I go about figuring the differences between the long term and short term fuel trims? Or is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks for any help!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First you need to disable the long term fuel trims, and just use the short terms to dial in the MAF and or VE, preferably both.

Then, once that's done, you need to dial in the idle airflow table. I believe it's {B4307}. Then once that's done, you adjust your throttle cracker table to reduce or eliminate the cruise control.

You'll need to make sure you're logging the right PIDs and you have the correct MAPS setup. Otherwise, you'll be spinin your wheels figuratively.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

There are several stickys on the efi live forum in the ls1 section that are exactly what you need to take a look at. One of them explicitly deals with idle. But yes, you need to get the VE and MAF in the ballpark before messing with the idle.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

EFILIVE forum...Calc.vet process is spelled out in detail.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys!
Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throttle cracker is the hanging idle while moving.

If your car does better when it is warm, usually that is why I suggested fixing your fuel trims.

My guess is that it is really lean or really rich as to what is going on.

That is why I suggested you fixing your Strims. After you shut off the ltrims in the tune via Long term fuel trim enable switch.

Quick Reply: How Do You Adjust Idle Airflow Using EFI Live?