PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help no start no spark

Old 03-09-2013, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help no start no spark

Ok please help I have a 00 firebird swapped out v6. Now Lq4 with speed density. Swapped to firebird v8 harness and 0411 pcm out of yukon. Have Hptuners I licesensed the yukon pcm then got a 5.7 firebird tune from the repositoty and installed tune aka flashed. Went to start and spark has fuel. What should I look for i even went back and made sure all the grounds were on bare metal. Dont know if the tune is messing it up. Not sure where to start. Looked at vats checked the box to none. How do I check the cranks signal
Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...."Went to start and spark has fuel."

Did you mean that you have evidence of spark & fuel ("spark has fuel")?
Rent a noid light set from AutoZone, Advanced, O'Reilly..check for injector pulse. Relatedly, even though the VATS box might be checked off, VATS may still be applied, to keep the engine from firing.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry, I missed the header on your comment..."no spark".
When I got my reworked harness back, I had no start. It turned out to be a broken yellow crank sig wire. From there, it was a matter of looking for continuity on the harness.
I think that the only way to verify for the signal coming from the sensor, is to use an oscilloscope.
Can someone else chime in here, to verify that if one has fuel pulse, that they should also have spark? I've forgotten whether the two are connected. If they are related, and you haven't got a fuel pulse, then I would say that VATS is not disabled.

Last edited by gMAG; 03-10-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure if you have the vats on or off might try turning that off.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help no start no spark