PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Table In EFI-Live To Adjust For Hanging Idle

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

Every time I reflash my tune, I suffer from hanging idle and it takes about six weeks of regular driving to go away. I've tried idle relearns and drive cycles but it still takes time. One time it started out of the blue. I was tempted to alter my tune, but it gradually went away as usual. I started a thread about it.

My point is that if you've reflashed lately, your current tune may be fine.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RevGTO
Every time I reflash my tune, I suffer from hanging idle and it takes about six weeks of regular driving to go away. I've tried idle relearns and drive cycles but it still takes time. One time it started out of the blue. I was tempted to alter my tune, but it gradually went away as usual. I started a thread about it.

My point is that if you've reflashed lately, your current tune may be fine.
I havent had time to change my tune yet, but your comment is interesting. How many miles would it take it to go away?
Old 04-20-2013, 01:27 AM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by baileydirt27
I havent had time to change my tune yet, but your comment is interesting. How many miles would it take it to go away?
I've never clocked it in terms of miles, but calculating it out, I'd guess it'd be about 1000 miles.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:07 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

How aggressive can I get with the throttle cracker? Should I zero it out even up to 2000 rpm?
I turned the throttle cracker off on my car and a friends car. It drives better to me like that.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it really take time for the changes one makes to take effect ???
Old 04-20-2013, 10:45 PM
Teching In

I dont get it, everytime I change the decay rate it does nothing at all. I change the throttle cracker and it starts having an unstable idle (reving up and almost dieing multiple times). It has to be something else causing this.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I turned the throttle cracker off on my car and a friends car. It drives better to me like that.
Do you just zero out the entire table?
Old 04-21-2013, 01:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
That usually does the trick.

Do you just zero out the entire table?
Zero out all of the airflow values AND set the activate speed to the max mph (should be 256 mpg on a f-body).

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Does it really take time for the changes one makes to take effect ???
It really should be instaneous or take a few drive cycles at the max on a f-body. There are adaptative idle learning tables to adjust; but they are super sensitive to minute adjustments. You can set the min ECT temp lower so the adaptive learning starts sooner; but depending on your setup you may have to retune accordingly.

I dont get it, everytime I change the decay rate it does nothing at all. I change the throttle cracker and it starts having an unstable idle (reving up and almost dieing multiple times). It has to be something else causing this.
Increasing the decay rate and airflow value will speed up the decay rate in which the Cracker decreased. However; you should try turning it off. You will have to adjust the Throttle Followe and desired idle airflow values to compensate if the Throttle Cracker is turned off. Once again, it depends on your setup and comes down to trial and errors through datalogging and tuning.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
That usually does the trick.

Zero out all of the airflow values AND set the activate speed to the max mph (should be 256 mpg on a f-body).

It really should be instaneous or take a few drive cycles at the max on a f-body. There are adaptative idle learning tables to adjust; but they are super sensitive to minute adjustments. You can set the min ECT temp lower so the adaptive learning starts sooner; but depending on your setup you may have to retune accordingly.

Increasing the decay rate and airflow value will speed up the decay rate in which the Cracker decreased. However; you should try turning it off. You will have to adjust the Throttle Followe and desired idle airflow values to compensate if the Throttle Cracker is turned off. Once again, it depends on your setup and comes down to trial and errors through datalogging and tuning.
So if I zero out the throttle cracker completely which PID's should i be looking at to determine how to adjust my desired idle airflow?

I guess the adjusting the throttle follower will just be a trial and error process?

I really appreciate all of the help that each of you guys have given, I have learned alot.

Quick Reply: Which Table In EFI-Live To Adjust For Hanging Idle