Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 GTO tune help

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 GTO tune help

I need tuning advise for a 05 GTO. The car is a M6, Kooks stepped headers to full 3" with Borla XR1s at the back. Has an intake and is stock other than that. I am not interested in tuning the car myself and just need some good advise please.

I was wondering if it would be worth it to either have a mail order tune or have it dyno tuned? Also I noticed some hand helds like the Diablo and was wondering if this is something a novice can use?

I live in CDA, ID but Spokane Washington is the closest real town. Anyone know a good shop or have advise on picking a good shop to have a dyno tune done?

Thanks for helping a noob.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dont go with no superchips nor diabloport. Go with a actual custom tune from a reputable shop. You can get a good mail order tune from Frost Tune You wnt need a Dyno since you just have bolts on mos. Once you get a cam, ported intake etc etc you can go for the dyno.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's kind of the line I was thinking. Most people around here don't have very good things to say about our local shops so I was leaning towards a mail order tune. Does frost work with GTO's? I know they are basically the same thing but they don't even list them as an option.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redline61
That's kind of the line I was thinking. Most people around here don't have very good things to say about our local shops so I was leaning towards a mail order tune. Does frost work with GTO's? I know they are basically the same thing but they don't even list them as an option.
I can't see why he wouldn't do GTO's

Quick Reply: 05 GTO tune help