Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which PCM to choose?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which PCM to choose?

Hello, I'm to the point finally of wiring my engine in my 240sx. I'm running ls3 heads, stock l76 intake, ls3 injectors, stock ls3 DBW throttle body on top of an lq9. I'm trying to decide which PCM to start with as a base. I'm going to have a harness made with the correct connectors I need, but is there a specific computer that would have an advantage with the ls3 heads? I'm also re-wiring the chassis with an aftermarket harness, so no nissan stuff will be spliced in.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Any 3rd gen computer should be fine I'd guess. Really depends on what gauges are being used that are computer driven or analogue driven
Old 04-12-2013, 03:01 AM
Staging Lane

HP Tuners with any 3rd gen computer + real time tuning is amazing
Old 04-12-2013, 03:03 PM
Teching In

With a LQ9 as the base engine, I imagine you have a 24x crank/1x cam reluctor setup. Your options are a 512kb LS1, 1MB LS1, or 1MB E40.

With a stock LS3 throttle body however, you're limited to 1MB LS1 or E40 as there are very few 512kb OSs with DBW (except Vettes). Please make sure you are using a correctly matched pedal assembly otherwise you will get a dead accelerator pedal and a REP light.

Me personally, Id use a 1MB LS1 and either a Vette or truck OS. A truck LQ9 OS (Silverado SS, Escalade) would be an easier base to work from.

For swaps, I highly prefer EFILive over HPTuners because you can set the VIN to match whatever vehicle you install it in, plus if an OS doesnt work exactly how you want it to, you can just flash another one in (and not pay another 2 credits to do it). Not saying it cant be done, it can. If you end up paying someone to do the swap, it probably wont matter unless you need the VIN to match your car for emissions.

Quick Reply: Which PCM to choose?