Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Loss Of Power With Codes. I Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Loss Of Power With Codes. I Need Help

So last night i was out disturbing the peace and loosed power while accelerating. I mean i have a 408 and it went immediately sluggish mid acceleration. Then i had a check engine light come on. So i limped it home and pulled two codes. The codes were, P01317 and P0151. The code reader said "02 circuit low voltage bank one" and the other one said " 02 circuit low voltage bank 2". What causes this and how do i fix it? I assume i have a dead cylinder or two but i want to get it fixed asap. Thanks for all ur help.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like those are both O2 sensor codes and appear to be both of the upstream O2 sensors before the converters. CHeck for melted wires?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

Already checked the wires are good. Heres where it gets weird. So i called my tuner and he said to clear the codes and drive it and see if they come back. So i did and it came back. So i poped my hood and noticed the top part of the stock air box was sucked back onto the motor and it had a hole rubbed into it from the drive belt. So i took the air box out completely and took it around the block and the power was almost all back and it threw no codes at all. Basically what i mean is the tack and the speedo jump around under heavy acceleration about 1000rpms under the rev limiter. Im so confused it aint funny about all this. Any ideas guys?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Weird, think the airbox sucked in was starving the motor for air. I'd fix that first. Probably need to have someone log it then after you get that fixed. Is the speedo/tack jumping around or is the car actually jumping around with that or do you think it's just a gauge issue?
Old 04-13-2013, 01:41 PM
TECH Regular

No i believe its a guage issues cause when it does it i cant feel the car jumping around and my low traction light doesnt come on when my guages go crazy. Its kinda frustrating to spend 12k on a awsome new motor then everything else stops working. Any ideas what needs to be upgraded to help support the motor. I already have my exhaust planned and im working on my fuel system. And a moser 9"rear end is in the works as well.

Quick Reply: Big Loss Of Power With Codes. I Need Help