Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best mail order tune?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best mail order tune?

Im doing an overhual and some upgrades to my 2000 ss i just got and shes going to need a tune when i get it all wrapped up. My local tune shop is.phenominal but also very expensive and booked about 3 months out. Im trying to figure out what shop to contact to do my tune via the mail? Ive heard texas speed is good, ive heard of frost tunning is good. Im in south florida and ive been told that tampa tunningis a pretty good shop as well
Old 04-15-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I were you, call around and see who does tuning or if your "busy" shop does mail order tunes. Here's why....Learn from my mistake.

I got a Frost tune from Steve and the car would not stay running and would die when coming to a stop. I ended up getting the car dyno tuned somewhat local. Go figure...the local guy does mail order tunes!, and get this, he does them for FREE if you plan on getting a dyno tune done with them. I could have saved myself a couple hundred bucks if I search around a little. Also consider, even though some mail order tunes are really good, some are not and they are tuned on the "conservative" side to reduce the chance of something not being right. You could need a dyno tune anyways. Sending a PCM back and forth can get expensive.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Teching In

Default mail order tune

I also hear frost does good work, i got mine from texas speed. It was a good tune but mines an auto so the harder to tune ran great just didnt idol ha.Its hard to pin point a tune without having the car, If u have access to a trailer or able to drive it just get a dyno tune its worth the money
Old 04-20-2013, 03:09 AM
On The Tree

Have had good experiences with east coast supercharging and mail order tunes.

Quick Reply: best mail order tune?