Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

secondary rev limiter with HP Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default secondary rev limiter with HP Tuners

so i have seen where people are able to use the secondary park/neutral rev limiter on the PCM as a 2-step hooked to a button. I am trying to do this to help spool my turbo on launch. I followed the diagrams on LT1swap.com and have pin 34 white wire run to a relay that grounds when the button is pressed. In HPT I have set the rpm limits to on at 3000 off at 2900. however it is not activating. do I have this hooked up wrong? I set the PCM to single wire P/N input so I know that is good. but should this wire be seeing 12v+ instead of ground to activate? I'm scared of sending 12v into my pcm where it doesn't belong. I know this can work, just not sure what I am missing. anyone have any ideas? below is the diagram for the trans position switches and a vid on youtube where a guy had it working. he can't seem to remember how he did it though

Old 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

It won't work because the PCM cuts fuel, it doesn't make the turbo spool.

You need a MSD or LPE 2-step to cut spark
Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-23-2013, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

above vid shows it working though. and just for ***** and giggles, I swapped the relay to switching to 12v+ instead of ground. it worked, but then when I let off the button it still stayed at the set rpm. but it was already building boost. then after that it would not work again. maybe this needs a 5v reference signal instead of 12v? I hope i didn't hurt anything hitting it with 12. btw Mike you need to take a look at this thing. see what all I have done wrong lol. it's doing ok so far considering

Quick Reply: secondary rev limiter with HP Tuners