Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

programming trouble with Predator

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default programming trouble with Predator

I have been having high RPM issues ever since getting new vertor and rebuilding trans.(car falls on its face before 2/3 shift)
I finally figured it out. I reset the shift points,rpm and mph with my Predator and no matter where i set things the car shifts around 6300 from 2nd to 3rd at WOT.
The settings are for shifts at 5700 and 76 mph,what is going on?
Has anyone every ran into this problem?
I think my Predator tuner is going crazy on me. Unless i royally screwed things up.
I have had this tuner since last winter and never had any issues,i also had no issues with shift points right after getting trans done. This is something that just started and i can not program around it.
Any ideas????
Dave
Old 04-24-2004, 09:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I read your post correctly, it still shifted okay after the transmission was rebuilt, right?

Then you got a new TC and that's when the trouble began? If this is the case, the TC would be a prime suspect (and by that, I don't mean theres something wrong with it, it just might not be a good combination for your car/gears)-I'm sure the automatic guys have seen this before. How high is the stall on the TC?

I know this isn't much help, just my .02 cents. Good luck.

P.S. I quickly searched the auto tranny forums, have a look at this thread [URL=http://https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144167&highlight=installed+hittin g+rev+limiter]
It's worth your time to search through that forum-lots of good discussion about combo's probably just like yours.

Last edited by furiouSS99; 04-24-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for your.02 bud. I do not think it is in the trans or the convertor as all other gears are good and this thing rocks on the street and the track,but i found the rpms for the shift 2/3 are going over the Predator set rpm.
I set it to shift at 5700 and 76 mph and this thing is still in 2nd and pulling 6300-6500 and then shifting.
the shifts are great and the trans is acting normal but why can i not get the controller to set the shifts .
What am i doing wrong ,or is there something wrong with my tuner???

P.S. the trans was gone through at the same time the brand new SS4000 Yank stall went in. The cooler, lines and all were flushed too.
This stall replaced my old Vig 3600 ,so i really don't think it is either. This is recent and the trans stuff has been done for more than 1,000 miles or so.
Dave
Old 04-25-2004, 12:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried sending your .crg file to Johan at Diablo and getting him to set the shift points (and anything else needed)? Even if it's something you can do with your tuner, its worth a shot letting them do it...if that fails, get them to run a diagnostic check on your unit-at least you can rule out the possibility of faulty electronics and one less variable to worry about. Best of luck with that bad boy.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Monday i am going to auto-tap the car and send the file(s) to Jon at Diablo to see what can be done with custom tuning and shift points.

Thanks for the idea , i will see what he can do for me.
Dave