Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wouldnt Start Now It Runs Rough

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 11:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wouldnt Start Now It Runs Rough

Ok so i built a 408 and ive had it in the car for about a month. It isnt fully tuned because there were some small issues that i have been fixing. So i got it all fixed and had my MAF tuned and i was told i could drive it short distances and at low rpms and to take it easy till it gets a full dyno tune. So since its a dd and work very close to my house i decided to take it to work today. Now when i went to leave work i turned on the ignition and it acted like i had a dead battery. So i went and checked all my grounds and they were all tight. So i checked my battery and found that the positive connection was loose. So i tightened it and it started up but it ran rough and was sluggish. It didnt throw any codes so my question is could the loss of power to the MAF and pcm cause the tune to be reset? Im making a dyno appointment tomorrow so the car is fully tuned. I was waiting for payday first. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:30 PM
Teching In

It could be that you reset your pcm and it needs to learn how the car runs again.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by theoneeyedbandit
It could be that you reset your pcm and it needs to learn how the car runs again.
What do u mean. And couldnt running it kinda hurt it?

Quick Reply: Car Wouldnt Start Now It Runs Rough