PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning Gurus experience needed. Easy question

Old 05-13-2013, 02:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Tuning Gurus experience needed. Easy question

Hey Guys mainly just looking for peace of mins here lol so here it goes. The bassani td system on my car has a rattle when I hit speed bumps or other big anomalies in the road. It only rattles on part throttle just putzing around. On WOT everything is fine and nothing ever hits under hard acceleration.

I have searched for weeks and still cant find where it hits on bumps. I've all but given up my question is do you think I'm suffering any knock retard just from it bouncing around at cruise or just goin down the road? And would that reflect in WOT performance even if it only rattles at part throttle cfruise

Oh and btw the rattle is coming from somewhere behind the drivers seat and happens when the rear tires hit the bump so I'm thinking either the x pipe or over axle. Which makes it pretty far away from the motor which I would think would make it even less of a factor

Last edited by redbird555; 05-13-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No way to know without logging it... I've seen them banging the **** out of the bottom of the car and no knock retard - then others with a tiny rattle causing knock retard... too many variables to say what it is doing without looking.

and, knocking at cruise can cause it to use the low octane tables (or a blend of high and low octane tables), so yes, it will effect WOT timing...
Old 05-13-2013, 07:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

thanks man. I drove around with a scanner hooked up and noticed no reduction in timing on the scanner when I heard it rattle this weekend I'm gonna borrow hptuners from a buddy and log it.

Do I need to go WOT to see if it would cause knock retard? I'm thinking since it doesnt rattle at WOT I should just log it when cruising around when it does rattle and see if it pulls timing there?

The car feels like its all there. I've had it go into the low octane table before and also driven around with a bad knock sensor and it was easily noticeable. I'm probably just paranoid but id like to check lol

Last edited by redbird555; 05-13-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuning Gurus experience needed. Easy question