Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light - code U0107

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light - code U0107

Background:
2005 Chevy Truck 5.3 Drive by Wire with 2wd trans bought as a package along with the modified engine harness, TAC, plastic gas pedal, and pedal to TAC harness. (assuming these all came from the same truck, but no way I can be 100% sure)

Bought PCM with tune from a site sponsor along with the STEEL truck pedal and it's harness, and TCC switch. Went with the steel pedal because I needed to modify the mount to fit my car.

Engine starts and runs great. Throttle responsive. Somewhere between 5 seconds and 2 minutes, I get check engine and loose throttle response - car stays at idle.

TCC hooked up to PCM 33 and TAC 6 pins.

Checked all grounds at engine, PCM, etc.

I have a 8 pin throttle body

The TAC I received with the motor is black plastic with a steel base.

Today I tried the original plastic pedal and TAC harness that came with the motor and I get the exact same result. Runs great then check engine and no throttle.

The voltmeter raises to over 13 Volts while the engine is running so it looks like the charging system is working. Brand new battery last week.

Anybody have any ideas?? What am I missing here? This is a 6 year project and how frustrating to finally get the car to run and then fight with something like this!

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 06-01-2013, 06:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

"assuming these all came from the same truck, but no way I can be 100% sure)"
Seller have any info?
Have you checked for pt #'s on the various parts?

Sounds like you have a mis match on the components.
Do you have a source for schematics? Suggest you get 1, and trace all the wires, in addition to checking component compatibility.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Engine package was purchased a few years ago and at that time he said they all go together. Where do I go to find out if the part numbers are compatible? I can easily make a list of what I have.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light - code U0107