Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam position sensor codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam position sensor codes

I am kind of new to the site hope you can bear with me. I have built a 408 out of a 02 yukon 6.0. I have had this done for about a month and a half. No problems what so ever. I took it to the track last saturday, it did great untill half track and it fell on its face. Brought back to the pits and it showed both P0343 and P0342. I was running on the rear factory cam sensor. When I did the build I bought all the stuff to do the ls2 cam sensor conversion. Well as things would go the harness cam in and was setup for the rear cam sensor so I just ran it. I have the ls2 timing gear, cover, and sensor. Well while I was at the track I went ahead and wired the front sensor up. Couldnt get it to start. At first I thought bad connection. So I came back to the shop and ran new wires from cam sensor to PCM soldering all connections. Now it starts but keeps throwing the codes. So I licenced another computer and swapped the tune and still same thing. So I ordered another cam sensor. Still same thing. So I just now tore down the front of the motor to check cam bolts and retainer bolts averything is tight. Cam walk doesent seem to be an issue. I have an automotive shop and have hooked up my normal scanner and cam counts keep increasing as I am trying to start it. Sometimes will start but runs horribly. I have swapped the two outside wires and all it does then is backfire out the exhaust. Please help. Thanks for any ides on this.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:32 AM
Teching In

OK Since I first wrote this. I have pulled the timing cover twice and double and triple checked the retainer plate and the cam bolts. Everything is tight. I went ahead and pulled the blower and installed a new rear cam sensor and wired it back to the way it was originaly when it ran fine. Still the same P0343B code. I have re ran my new wires to the ecm, tried another ecm and still no dice. Any help would greatly be appreciated. I have used my DMM and checked voltage going to the ecm off the signal wire numerous times ans as I am bumping the motor over it is going from high to low as the engine rotates. I am out of options. ANY help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump for ya, someone has to have an idea.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 114 Likes on 91 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Make sure you check all your grounds.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Teching In

I have checked and did a resistance test to battery ground on all 4 ECM grounds.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Can anyone tell me IF the crankshaft reluctor has spun if that will cause the P0343 code? That is all I am down to. I talked to Callies today and the guy told me that they were having a lot of vendor problems with there reluctor's.

Quick Reply: Cam position sensor codes