Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying-ass P0300

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Annoying-*** P0300

2005 stock LS2, E40 ECM with stock tune minus torque management and VATS, in a custom tube-chassis off-road only rig, using HPTuners.

P0300 (random misfire) randomly pops up, turns the check engine light on. The engine is NOT misfiring according to both my trained ear and misfire counts. I've performed a bazillion CASE relearns, issue does not go away. I'm about to just disable this code, just wondering if anyone has any other advice?

The engine is rigidly mounted, is it possible that harmonic vibes are traveling through the engine as a result causing slight variation in crank speed which the computer interprets as misses?

Last edited by patooyee; 06-19-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Just to clarify, engine runs fine, before and during the PO300. There are no other associated codes.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe a crank sensor on it's way out? Maybe some corrosion in harness connections? I know, it's all a long shot.....
Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM
7 Second Club

Received 327 Likes on 218 Posts

You didn't say what trans, etc is on the back of it but it has more to do with that than being solidly mounted. Even smaller/lighter torque converters and clutches can cause random misfire codes because it's that sensitive. I say double the misfire tables and see if it goes away. If it truly runs fine and isn't misfiring then no big deal, it's common. If it's a stock trans/converter/clutch than I'm not sure what's going on because I've done many a solid mounted motor and it hasn't had misfires.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NicD
You didn't say what trans, etc is on the back of it but it has more to do with that than being solidly mounted. Even smaller/lighter torque converters and clutches can cause random misfire codes because it's that sensitive. I say double the misfire tables and see if it goes away. If it truly runs fine and isn't misfiring then no big deal, it's common. If it's a stock trans/converter/clutch than I'm not sure what's going on because I've done many a solid mounted motor and it hasn't had misfires.
Ah! Good point! Its a TH400 with aftermarket billet 2500 stall converter. I will double the tables and go from there, great suggestion! Thank you!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NicD
Just want to say thanks again for the advice. I increased the tables by 25% and do not seem to have the issue any more.

Quick Reply: Annoying-ass P0300