Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

major electrical problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default major electrical problems please help

the fuel pump stopped coming on also the screen on the cluster that shows the miles is blank the service light is not coming on even for a second i plug in an obd2 scanner and the miles show back up and the service light is coming on but the obd2 scanner is doing nothing not even coming on if i turn the key off the gauges and miles still show up untill i pull out the obd2 scanner i tried forcing the pump to come on and had fuel pressure but it still did not start so im assuming that the injectors are not sending any fuel when i turn the car over should i be looking for someone with hp tuners or i dont think that would even work if the obd2 is not even coming on
not sure if this is where i should be posting this but its the closest thing i could see that related to my problem i am in the dallas area and if anyone could help me and not rape me on the price that would be great
Old 06-23-2013, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have ground issues, start checking all grounds, clean and tighten them and try again
Old 06-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got the car running it was a ground but the obd2 port is still not powering the scanner i tryed a volt meter on the plug in and all i get is 2 volts another ground somewhere maybe?
Old 06-23-2013, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check voltage on pin 16 against a known good ground. If you get nothing the cigarette lighter fuse is blown.
If you get 12V then chech pins 4 and 5, they are grounds and must be checked

Last edited by MontecarloDrag; 06-24-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Quick Reply: major electrical problems please help