Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick EFI Live question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick EFI Live question

Just bought EFI live and it'll be here this week. Question is, we're going to get to tuning on it next week or the next, and the product that I bought has no licenses with it so I know I have to buy that before I can flash a tune into my car.

We will be primarily tuning with his laptop as it is bigger, and easier to use. I have a small "Notebook" laptop, and i'm wondering, can I stick this software in my computer, get these annoying SES lights off, and even data log and play around with it, and then turn it over to him and load it into his computer too in two weeks or so for tuning?

Then, say I want to go to the track and want to data log or something while there, can I get this software from out of his computer and stick it in mine and use it?

I guess what I'm asking is, is the software married to one specific computer or what?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,741 Likes on 1,300 Posts

You can switch from computer to computer so long as the EFI Live hardware is plugged into that PC.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

The software is free to download on efi live's website. It will allow you to look it over and get familiar with the layout. As long as you have the current software installed on the computer you can use it with the cable. It only takes about 20 min to get the license through email too. The license is attached to the cable and PCM so switching computers won't matter. Scanning and logging can be done without the license you just won't be able to change anything. It does have some bi-directional controls through the scanner for temporary changes
Old 06-24-2013, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ddnspider
You can switch from computer to computer so long as the EFI Live hardware is plugged into that PC.
Originally Posted by outkast6991
The software is free to download on efi live's website. It will allow you to look it over and get familiar with the layout. As long as you have the current software installed on the computer you can use it with the cable. It only takes about 20 min to get the license through email too. The license is attached to the cable and PCM so switching computers won't matter. Scanning and logging can be done without the license you just won't be able to change anything. It does have some bi-directional controls through the scanner for temporary changes

Ah ok good info here guys. Thanks. And thanks Outkast for the hookup. Shipped out today?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

If you need to buy license you can buy them on my webpage but you will need some info from your V1 or V2 plugged into your computer. If you go to efi's webpage there is a lot of info you can download and read through to help you understand efi better.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you get a V1 or a V2...?

If you got a V1 did you check that it was not previously used in a V2 upgrade (because if it was then licenses cannot be added to it)...?

Quick Reply: Quick EFI Live question