Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynotune problem torquer v2 cam

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynotune problem torquer v2 cam

I just got back home from my tuners and I had him dynotune my car which is a 02 ws6 a4 with a yank ss 3600 stall, bolt ons, 3.73s, stage 2.5 5.3 heads wit a torquer v2 cam and it's driving like complete crap....on the highway I was noticing that when I would let off on the gas pedal I would drop rpm's or mph very much if at all....almost as if I had it on cruise control...when I get to a complete stop the idle just gets lower and lower and sometimes it just turns off, I've never drivin a heads/cam car so I didn't know what to expect...my convertor is also taking forever to lock up as I
Picking up speed!!
Old 06-25-2013, 06:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you need a new tuner...
Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

what he said
Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Idk, it might be! But they have a pretty damn good reputation here in so cal!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Launching!

But seriously althought this shouldn't be something I'm looking into I should leave it up to the tuner to get everything at 100% I would like to know what it could possibly be that he's doing wrong
Old 06-25-2013, 07:41 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any surging at all? Sounds like the base running airflow may not be right, but it could be stalling for 100+ reasons. Only thing you can do is post the tune. Sounds like this tuner didn't spend a lot of time on your car...lot of that going around lately.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Launching!

I'm gonna take it back this weekend and I told him to take his time get it right and to let me know when it's running at 100% he had tuned some pretty amazing corvettes some that put out over 1000rwhp so idk what's going on with my car
Old 06-25-2013, 08:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be anything. Everybody always blames the tuner first thing.

Was it a quick tune while you waited or left there?
Did the tuner actually street drive it?
Old 06-25-2013, 10:26 PM
Launching!

My car was there from 8:40 am to 12pm
An he street drive it 2 times
Old 06-25-2013, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is worse or better after the tune?
Old 06-26-2013, 01:52 AM
Launching!

It's a little better after the tune but even the it's horrible, I went outside like 2 hours ago to turn it on and it just kept dying on me
Old 06-26-2013, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

I'm with slowHawk, love how every one blames the tuner first. Can be many things.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

isn't a tune part o finding wtf is wrong? I would demand my money back and find another tuner that can at least explain what is going on . I just read on here someone on here advertising a free tune if your having issues with a present tuner.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM
11 Second Club

You brought it at beer time I seeee.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by handyandy496
isn't a tune part o finding wtf is wrong?
Yes, and no...IMHO. Chasing down vacuum leaks, bad O2's, leaking exhaust,bad fuel pressure/sensors/etc is never fun for any tuner....and takes away from why the car is there in the first place. I usually speak to potential customers about things to look out for/fix BEFORE they bring me the car. It saves time for both of us.

I'm absolutely clear with my customers that there is a minimum charge to roll onto the dyno....and a set hourly diagnostic rate applies to tracking down/fixing electrical or mechanical problems....in addition to dyno/tuning fees. Bottom line, have your car ready to be tuned.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You'd think the tuner would have mentioned something about how the car was running rather than just handing it over if it wasn't a tune issue. A H/C car should not drive like that.

Tuner: "Hey, I did all I could but you have a vacuum leak somewhere (or whatever)...bring it back after you find it."

If he test drove it twice I'm sure he noticed the problems.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Yea he drove it twice on the street by himself, did 5 pulls on the dyno and then still drove in the car with me to see what it felt like with me driving it...it felt ok on the way home since there wasn't much stop and go traffic...but when I got back to my side of town is when I noticed how it was feeling weird...I mean I know the torquer 2 can is a pita to tune but c'mon, the car won't even stay on it idle for a few seconds and it shuts off...I don't know what the problem is but wouldn't he be able to determine what the problem is while tuning????
Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS SIK6
Yea he drove it twice on the street by himself, did 5 pulls on the dyno and then still drove in the car with me to see what it felt like with me driving it...it felt ok on the way home since there wasn't much stop and go traffic...but when I got back to my side of town is when I noticed how it was feeling weird...I mean I know the torquer 2 can is a pita to tune but c'mon, the car won't even stay on it idle for a few seconds and it shuts off...I don't know what the problem is but wouldn't he be able to determine what the problem is while tuning????
What you're describing should have been plainly obvious from the get-go....or, are you saying that it just started acting that way when you got closer to home? A car not wanting to idle is a pretty major thing to not notice. But, if it only started acting that way as you got close to home, then it is possible that the problem is not related to the tune. I'd just take the car back to the tuner, and see what he has to say....or at least give him a call to discuss the issue.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by khaotic
I'm with slowHawk, love how every one blames the tuner first. Can be many things.
When someone takes a car to be tuned, and the tuner hands it back over to them stalling and running like **** - its the tuner! Even if there is another problem, the fact that the tuner didn't point that out and explain that it can't be tuned properly makes them incompetent. Part of being a good tuner is being able to diagnose problems that aren't because of the tune and explain that to the customer...

I will agree though, if you bring the car to a tuner and it has a bunch of problems that he has to diagnose - you should be charged for that time spent diagnosing it... time is money!

Last edited by BLK02WS6; 06-26-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Alright so wheni was at the tuners shop he hooked up his laptop and used the hp tuners program, he started messin with it for about 45 minutes then drive off came back and said it was running alot better, he then threw it on the dyno, did 5 pulls told me that the car made 433rwhp and 398rwtq after he stopped playing with it he started revving the engine an it shut off on him, turned it back on and took it off the dyno, took it for another spin and he pulled up and started reving it again and it shut off again, he then turned it back on and told me to test it so I i did an it turned off on me at the first red light so I went back and I told him what happened and te ses light started blinking, so he jumped in we went for a drive and it shut off on me again, he then made some adjustments drove it back to the shop and it was fine, then I drove off an I didn't really get any red lights till I got to my side of town and it started shutting off again and the ses light strayed blinking again

Quick Reply: Dynotune problem torquer v2 cam