Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding a tuner

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help finding a tuner

I'm located in Las Vegas, don't really have anyone to help tune my car. I called a guy that was recommended, but he hasn't followed up with me. So, I am thinking about getting a mail order tune. I recently had some headers, y-pipe, and a yank ss3600 stall converter installed. Otherwise, stock. I've been having some issues though, whenever I'm at a stop light, my idle drops, almost to the point of shutting off, then begin to accelerate, the RPM's begin to bounce between 1500-2500 while around 25mph. It's not until I give it more gas and accelerate up to around 40mph that it seems to begin to act normal. I know having a new converter put in will feel different, but I don' think that I need to constantly accelerate just to get it to shift normally. Can issues like that be handled with mail order tuning, or is it something that requires more attention? The companies that I am looking at as of now are, PCM of NC and frost. Thanks for reading, and input.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:31 PM
11 Second Club

Tuned by Frost has a good mail order tune for your car. I ran 12.28 with his bolt on tune and people on the east coast usually get in the 11's.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, that's where I am looking for my tune. I just hope I can get my idle and sporadic rpm issues under control. Almost feels like my converter is too loose, and has trouble catching the next gear. Can you tune a converter to becoming tighter or more loose?
Old 07-10-2013, 06:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RickSS
Yeah, that's where I am looking for my tune. I just hope I can get my idle and sporadic rpm issues under control. Almost feels like my converter is too loose, and has trouble catching the next gear. Can you tune a converter to becoming tighter or more loose?
A tune won't effect how tight or loose a converter is but you can adjust shift points and lock up which will make a huge difference in drivability.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Oh I see. I bet that can be a reason why it's driving strange. It's not locking up until I'm at a certain RPM, right? Thanks for the response LSX tuning, I'm looking at what you guys do for tuning.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Is there a certain lockup speed or RPM that's recommended?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RickSS
Is there a certain lockup speed or RPM that's recommended?
There isnt a set rpm that is best, each combo is a little different. How loose converter is, gear ratio, and engine mods will all play a factor in where you set converter lockup.

Quick Reply: Need help finding a tuner