PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lean on launch

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is odd. I changed my config file as Russk suggested and made a few wot pulls. I am now rich at launch for a bit then it goes lean for a bit then flattens out. I have tried to richen up this car for over a year and it has never responded as expected. Additionally I have not changed anything in my tune since I last posted logs last weekend. The only thing that has changed is the IAT readings as it is cooler today. Wondering what has changed. I have made ve and MAF changes over the last several months with little to no response until today. RussK, I was able to make a 2nd gear only pull, properly configured this time. Any Comments?
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
090213 adjusted maf 2.hpt (457.1 KB, 50 views)
File Type: hpl
09083 2nd gear wot.hpl (10.9 KB, 38 views)
090813 wot 1.hpl (9.8 KB, 40 views)
090813 wot 3.hpl (9.6 KB, 34 views)
090813 wot 4.hpl (10.3 KB, 27 views)
Old 09-08-2013, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You have your Dynamic Airflow High RPM Disable set to 300 rpm. I'm guessing you are attempting to run in a 100% MAF mode and ignore the VE table completely. Try setting it at 3200 RPM and let it use the VE table for a cross check in the sudden WOT throttle transition. It does look like you did do some VE Table tuning since it does not have stock values. That may help with the small delay you seem to have now. I still think the problem I saw in the first logs you posted was a fuel pressure issue. I tune a lot of transplants and have seen a lot of fuel pressure issues when not using OEM tanks and pumps. It may be intermittent.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks 2xLS1 for the info. I am not intending to run on MAF only. I need to figure out when and why the rpm limit is set that low. Will give the change a try. I really was sure that I had a fuel pressure issue also. I have been watching it for a week now and it hasn't changed but I will be mounting the gauge where I can see it at least for awhile.

Quick Reply: Lean on launch