Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley HP EFI Guys

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSFOX
I unchecked Coolant and the RPM/TPS Options in the Closed Loop Learn section.

I am not using a MAT sensor. will that have an effect?

Ran out of time today since its late and I don't want to fire it up open header in my tent. But will def try it tomorrow again.
You definitely need to add the MAT, but I don't feel it's the root of your issue(s).

I read back through this thread, and I see where you have mentioned you have the coolant unchecked. That is ok for closed loop compensation, but that doesn't have anything to do with the coolant temp enrichment table. If that table has 100 in every cell, cte will not activate. However if this is a street car, I'd set the table so that everything from 120* and higher is 100%. Everything colder should be scaled so that the % ramps down to 100% @ 120*. When the cte is active, the learn function will not work. Also, what is the iac position at idle when the engine is up to temp?
Old 08-14-2013, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dj94gt
You definitely need to add the MAT, but I don't feel it's the root of your issue(s).

I read back through this thread, and I see where you have mentioned you have the coolant unchecked. That is ok for closed loop compensation, but that doesn't have anything to do with the coolant temp enrichment table. If that table has 100 in every cell, cte will not activate. However if this is a street car, I'd set the table so that everything from 120* and higher is 100%. Everything colder should be scaled so that the % ramps down to 100% @ 120*. When the cte is active, the learn function will not work. Also, what is the iac position at idle when the engine is up to temp?
I can't get the car to idle, I have to keep holding the throttle to keep it running.

I am in the car right not and will try to get it up to over 120* and see if anything changes
Old 08-14-2013, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

I kept it running to 128* and still the same, nothing changed in the learn table.

I took 2 logs while i was trying to keep it running.

Can anyone look at theses and tell me if theres an issue...?
Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

send them to me, and I'll review them today. If you are consistently on the throttle, accel enrichments will be active, thus deactivating the learn.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:48 PM
8 Second Club

Are you running open headers with the O2 sensors near the exhaust exit? Is your fuel pressure set at the regulator the same as what you have in the Holley?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Nick, I made some changes, if you want to try the file, send a log back with it.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Nick, I made some changes, if you want to try the file, send a log back with it.
I will try tonite, if not I'm off tomorrow and I will get it done then

Yea I have open headers now and its about ~10" from the end of the end of the header. I might have some 3" exhaust lying around and can slap some short sections on the headers to test it.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:44 PM
8 Second Club

Yea I have open headers now and its about ~10" from the end of the end of the header. I might have some 3" exhaust lying around and can slap some short sections on the headers to test it.
When I first ran open headers on my car it would surge pretty badly and A/F was all over the place going from 35:1 to 10:1. It wouldn't stay running for long. My O2s were about 5" from the end and after having an exhaust made it idled nice and smooth and A/F stayed nice a steady.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

I clamped up a pair of Dynomax Bullets right to the headers and it surges at idle but still in the 35 range for A/F. I pulled WB to check it and it looked fine and the connector was good.
Now I gotta try checking voltages and pinouts to see if that's an issue.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

With closed loop disabled, the O2 sensor information is not being used to calculate the fuel requirement. So, this will leave you manually tuning the idle, as well as figuring out if you have a wiring issue with the sensor, or a bad sensor in itself. I'll be happy to take another look at the log once you get in on it.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

I just got he pinout wiring for the Wideband sensor and will be checking it in a few minutes.

If the pinout is good where do I find what voltages are supposed to be on the + wires?
Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

Pinout was good, does anyone got the specific voltages I should see? from the sensor or the Holley?
Old 08-19-2013, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

With closed loop disabled, the O2 sensor information is not being used to calculate the fuel requirement. So, this will leave you manually tuning the idle, as well as figuring out if you have a wiring issue with the sensor, or a bad sensor in itself. I'll be happy to take another look at the log once you get in on it.
I just emailed you a pair of logs, Once again I appreciate all the help you have provided so far.

I put an IAT sensor on it and everything started to fill in the learn table once I turned off the 2000 rpm start. Its reading normal 14ish AF while learning. Just gotta back the idle down another 300rpm or so

So note to anyone with the Holley HP. YOU MUST have an IAT sensor or it wont work....
Old 08-19-2013, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just emailed you a pair of logs, Once again I appreciate all the help you have provided so far.

I put an IAT sensor on it and everything started to fill in the learn table once I turned off the 2000 rpm start. Its reading normal 14ish AF while learning. Just gotta back the idle down another 300rpm or so

So note to anyone with the Holley HP. YOU MUST have an IAT sensor or it wont work....
^^^^Good info for the future. Looking into the Holley HP system now for my car.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Staging Lane

Nick I sent the file back to you. You're on the right track. 87silverbullet, lmk if I can assist you with a Holley system.

Quick Reply: Holley HP EFI Guys