Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalls when put in drive

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Stalls when put in drive

I changed the IFR tables and increased the VE table because Russ K pointed out that it was wrong. I have it idling decent in park, however as soon as I put it in drive it cuts off. I tried increasing the Airflow and it did not help. I also checked my IAC counts and my TPS position and volts. The counts came in at 100 and my TPS volts are at .43 with 0% throttle. From what ive read my IAC counts seem high. Can someone give me a idea on where to start looking and how to bring down my IAC counts.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have some good help with Russ K , be sure the injector tables are right before you do anything else or you will bake alot of BS in a lot of the tune.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yea, I figured that that was the problem but I know nothing about injector pulse this or that lol. Any whoo, I'm thinking about going blow threw over the winter. I'm tired of messing with this.
BTW, this motor is in a 82 Monte so a carb would not be out of the ordinary.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Problem solved............

My original 2000 Camaro operating system would not correct or allow the airflow requirements needed when put in gear (or something like that lol). I stepped up to a custom 2002 F-Body OP and that particular problem went away. Its much better now.

Quick Reply: Stalls when put in drive