PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not allow Behe Performance to tune your car...

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tuner i went to said he normally does 12.2afr and 24 degrees timing on 93 and meth. I mean come on, with 20psi of boost and 3800lbs that's asking for it
Old 09-30-2013, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking over your tune there are several errors.

1) Way too much spark timing, plus the knock attack rate is lowered from stock and the knock recovery rate is increased over stock. Plus the max knock retard table is lowered to 4* That is the best way to cause detonation and will melt pistons & lift ring lands. I would start with 14*-16* timing and use 2-3 heat range colder than stock spark plugs.

2) If your tuner did a Maf tune, then why are both Maf tables stock, but leaned out most of the VE table except for adding to the 99 & 105 KPA cells from 3600-6800 RPM? Not sure if your Maf is maxed without seeing a scan log, but likely it is.

3) Looks like the WOT AFR was "tuned" by the PE table. This is the way tunes were done in 2002 with LS1 Edit. Also on these gen IV pcms, I disable the LTFT as negative LTFTs are carried over in PE mode.

4) As for your trans not shifting @WOT, first the rev limiter was lowered 100 RPM, the WOT upshift speeds were increased 2 mph for the 1-2 & 6 mph for the 2-3 & 3-4 shift. The part throttle shifts have to be brutal with 89.9 psi shift pressures at all torque cells.

5) Do you realize that your traction control is disabled?

6) All of your misfire tables are disabled including the P0300 misfire code (plus all the previously mentioned codes) If your cam is causing false misfires, then I would only raise the low RPM & idle RPM misfire event time cells and enable the P0300 code. This way if you have a real misfire, the check engine light will flash.

7) Do you have a 160*F thermostat? And once your ECT hits 196*F, both fans will be on and will stay on until the car is shut off. A 2 bar OS will lower the temp cells of the fan desired table.

Russ Kemp
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Sad part there is a lot of shops like this around. People will say they are the best but have no clue there car has a jacked/dangerous tune in it.
Sometimes I wonder if these tuners are actually trying to tune these cars correctly to the best they can do or are just happy to throw numbers out of the dyno, who cares how they drive or blow up?

Keep the faith. There are still many good tuners out there.
Thanks Slowhawk. It does make you wonder, and it just seems like they are trying to get you in and out of the door as quick as they can and move on to the next car. I mean, in business these days you have to move somewhat quickly, but don't charge someone for an 8-hour job that you only spent an hour doing. And certainly fubar their stuff up beyond recognition.

Originally Posted by Russ K
Looking over your tune there are several errors.

1) Way too much spark timing, plus the knock attack rate is lowered from stock and the knock recovery rate is increased over stock. Plus the max knock retard table is lowered to 4* That is the best way to cause detonation and will melt pistons & lift ring lands. I would start with 14*-16* timing and use 2-3 heat range colder than stock spark plugs.

2) If your tuner did a Maf tune, then why are both Maf tables stock, but leaned out most of the VE table except for adding to the 99 & 105 KPA cells from 3600-6800 RPM? Not sure if your Maf is maxed without seeing a scan log, but likely it is.

3) Looks like the WOT AFR was "tuned" by the PE table. This is the way tunes were done in 2002 with LS1 Edit. Also on these gen IV pcms, I disable the LTFT as negative LTFTs are carried over in PE mode.

4) As for your trans not shifting @WOT, first the rev limiter was lowered 100 RPM, the WOT upshift speeds were increased 2 mph for the 1-2 & 6 mph for the 2-3 & 3-4 shift. The part throttle shifts have to be brutal with 89.9 psi shift pressures at all torque cells.

5) Do you realize that your traction control is disabled?

6) All of your misfire tables are disabled including the P0300 misfire code (plus all the previously mentioned codes) If your cam is causing false misfires, then I would only raise the low RPM & idle RPM misfire event time cells and enable the P0300 code. This way if you have a real misfire, the check engine light will flash.

7) Do you have a 160*F thermostat? And once your ECT hits 196*F, both fans will be on and will stay on until the car is shut off. A 2 bar OS will lower the temp cells of the fan desired table.

Russ Kemp
Hi Russ, thanks again for your info. I responded to you on LS1GTO.com (might be buried in more newer posts by the time you get to it.... things have really gotten wild there the past few hours!). I really do appreciate your excellent input. Where are you located??

Quick Reply: Do not allow Behe Performance to tune your car...