Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power programer with 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power programer with 6 speed

hi, i am new here and i have a few things done with my car and i was woundering if it would be even worth it to get a power programer with a 6-speed? what would be some of the pluses of it and some of the negitives? and the 15-20 they say you get, can feel it or is it not worth the 300 and some dollars? THANK YOU hope to see some replies.........
Old 05-04-2004, 06:00 PM
TECH Resident

well the more you have done to the motor the more you will gain...on a stock motor you wont gain too much....what do u have done?
Old 05-04-2004, 06:38 PM
Teching In

i have some things done to it. i have a edelbrock strut bar,traction bar, SLP air lid,mass air flow sencer,loudmouth,smooth bellows and a cold air induction kit. i just think the power programer is more made for the autos. because you can do alot more with them if you have han auto then a 6-speed and i just wanted to know if you guys still think it would be worth the money...
Old 05-04-2004, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely Positively NOT WORTH 300 bux... if you can get a used one (you have to make sure it's for your year F-Body and that it was unlocked/restored to stock) for 75 then it may be worth it to you...

The power tuning is junk... they lean the car out and up the timing... some stock cars even ping on this tune!

It's a total joke... even with mods it's a joke...

for you the only purpose would be to change fan settings (if you got a thermostat) and to change the tire and gear sizes (if you change to a taller tire or change gears).... that's about it...

So... basically the HPP3 has no pluses and lots of negatives...

Throw some money into real mods and then get a dyno tune or worst case a mail order tune ... you'll be happier in the long run

(but no matter what you do... do not waste 300 bux on a brand new one.. and be VERY careful getting these on EBay... best bet is to watch the for sale section here... then verify the seller is a reputable person ...)

But i'd stay far far away from a HPP3 ...
Old 05-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Teching In

thank you for the information it was very helpfull. i dont think i am going to buy it cuz it is soo much money for not much out of it. instead i think i am going to buy some street drags...... THANKS