Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with PO336

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 07:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help with PO336

My car died today and threw the code po336. I was able to read it with the obd 2 as the Crank position sensor. I was able to limp the car to my buddies house and leave it there but there is no way i could get my car home. The problem is knowing what i need to do, i plan on replacing the sensor, but i dont have a tech 2 or efi live and with the place being 30 mins away, what could i do. My friend has HP tuners but im not sure that it will work for the relearn process. Im considering getting my car towed home and limping it to my old high school where they have a tech2 and swap the sensor there along with lifts to make it even easier. Or should i swap the sensor at my buddies house and take my chances?
Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Change the sensor at your buddy's place. HPTuner should be able to do the relearn wirhout using any credits. I've found the tech 2 to do it best. The last time I used HPT to do a relearn many years ago when it wouldn't run the relearn cycle, it didn't tell you why, the tech 2 tells you why it didn't complete the relearn
Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacer Racer
Change the sensor at your buddy's place. HPTuner should be able to do the relearn wirhout using any credits. I've found the tech 2 to do it best. The last time I used HPT to do a relearn many years ago when it wouldn't run the relearn cycle, it didn't tell you why, the tech 2 tells you why it didn't complete the relearn
This is what im worried about. If i can do it with a tech 2, there basically isnt any problems. I can get my car towed home for free and my high school is less then a mile away so i could make it there without the car dying i think. I think ill tow it home tomorrow and just wait until monday. But at the same time i wanna try the HP tuners as my buddy has it haha.

Quick Reply: Help with PO336