Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with 411 PCM

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 411 PCM

Recently got my swap running and tuned. Other day I took the car on a drive and it wouldn't start again afterwards. Got it back home started checking it out. Fuel pump primes with the key forward. No spark while cranking. I thought the crank sensor. Checked voltage to the CKP. Im only getting roughly 2 voltts. Checked the ground circuit to the sensor with multimeter. Black lead to ground wire on pigtail, red lead to battery power. Shows full voltage of battery. Took the pcm out and cover off. Found no burn marks or anything of the sort. Checked it out with a magnifying glass. Don't know what else to check. Also ohmed the signal wire from the pcm to the ckp pigtail. Didn't show anything wrong.

I have checked power to the pcm from ignition switch and battery. Both are good. Any ideas on troubleshooting further.

Running a speed density tune. No maf wires in harness. Only sensors I have are 02 sensors, coils, injectors, tps, iac, ckp, cam sensor, knock sensor, and map.

All of this is in a fox mustang with a turbo 5.3 th400.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think i may have figured it out. Looks like the pigtail for the cam sensor got pinched between the trans and block when i changed my comverter. Thanks to bill at bp for helping me with my many many questions. Loosened the trans and got the wiring out and them checked the voltage at the crank senaor and voila i have 12 v from pcm. Thanks again bill

Quick Reply: Need help with 411 PCM