PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

spending alot of time in cell 22?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2004, 11:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default spending alot of time in cell 22?

A friends car has been tuned already and after logging it I notice it spends alot of time in cell 22 but is in closed loop according to the O2's. Anyone know why it spends alot of extra time in cell 22 or what settings to look at that the guy that tuned it would've made to keep it in 22? It does hit the other cells I just notice that at odd times it's in 22. My car only goes to cell 22 at WOT after it's warmed up.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Fuel Learn Mode maybe?
Old 05-07-2004, 12:04 AM
TECH Addict

Post from ther other day -> clean the TP sensor. Poster's TP sensor was dirty and reported high values resulting in cell 22. So check and see what values ,TPS%, are reported. Also, was the WOT/Cold table changed when tuned???
Old 05-07-2004, 02:27 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the replies. I've looked at the TP and noticed it looks like it's going to cell 22 instead of cell 21. In the logs it was in and out of cell 22 when TPA was 9-11% anything more than 11% and it went to a load cell. Could be a fuel learn thing although I'm not sure I understand what the purpose of that is and what triggers it. The vette in question has a tune problem right now so I wonder if that might be what's causing some of it? I guess I should've included that in the first place. The tune is pretty far off on it that's why I'm logging it. Trying to find out what's going on with the car.