Sponsored by:

Pegged LS2 MAF

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pegged LS2 MAF

I hit the 12,200 hz limit of my MAF. 07 ctsv
What are the options available to fix this? Tuning with hptuners.

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Either scale everything by a percentage or go to a larger diameter maf.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Thanks, I guess I'm not sure what to scale to reduce the frequency.

Could you point me to the right table to start and I can probably get it from there. Sorry, noob on tuning.

I appreciate the help!
Old 11-28-2013, 05:28 PM
Launching!

If you have HP Tuners everything you need to do this is on their site. If you want the video version, then get "The Tuning School" DVD's. Not only will that cover what you are after, it will teach you much, much more to boot! If I were you I would install the "card style" MAF in a 4" tube and get the honeycomb from saxton. This way you are not scaling anything, and will keep resolution. Scaling will have an effect on that
Old 11-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Think a bunch of guys swap over to the Ls3/Ls7 Mafs.....
Old 11-28-2013, 05:39 PM
FormerVendor

There is nothing you can do to reduce or scale the frequency without physically adding in resistors in the MAF to report less frequency.

Best bet is to step up to a LS3/7 card MAF in a larger diameter pipe to keep the frequency to airflow count down.

Once you hit the airflow limit in the ECM you can then scale the injector size along with all the airflow tables to regain headroom in the airflow dept.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2007V
Thanks, I guess I'm not sure what to scale to reduce the frequency.

Could you point me to the right table to start and I can probably get it from there. Sorry, noob on tuning.

I appreciate the help!
I would search scaling maf on the hpt forum, Im sure its came up alot over the years. You will need to scale injectors, timing, and maf tables by the same percentage basically. Its not just a single table to adjust.
It would be easier to go to larger diameter maf like posted earlier if you're not that familiar with tuning.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Thank you, that was my understanding. So is there a base curve available for the ls3/ls7 card in a tube? I assume it highly depends on the tube used and data for a ls3/ls7 car wouldn't work? Or does any 4" tube get close to the factory numbers?

Originally Posted by James@ShorTuning
There is nothing you can do to reduce or scale the frequency without physically adding in resistors in the MAF to report less frequency.

Best bet is to step up to a LS3/7 card MAF in a larger diameter pipe to keep the frequency to airflow count down.

Once you hit the airflow limit in the ECM you can then scale the injector size along with all the airflow tables to regain headroom in the airflow dept.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:07 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 2007V
Thank you, that was my understanding. So is there a base curve available for the ls3/ls7 card in a tube? I assume it highly depends on the tube used and data for a ls3/ls7 car wouldn't work? Or does any 4" tube get close to the factory numbers?
I start off with data from a stock ls3 tune and then adjust it for the vehicle. If you look at a ls3 tune from a camaro or vette the tables are almost identical to your ctsv. You'll need to adjust the maf frequency, IAT ohms axis, and IAT scaling. The stock ls3 values will be close enough to get it running so you can tune for your setup.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:41 PM
FormerVendor

Go to a 100mm MAF with the card style sensor. Then multiply your current MAF curve by 1.25 and check your trims. Tune MAF curve as you would with your stock MAF. Also make sure that your IAT sensor is reading correctly, if not you will need to modify the calibration table for it.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:49 PM
Launching!

Awesome, thanks Matt. I have a new maf and 100mm tube coming. I'll use that a starting point for the curve. I already have the IAT broken out from the MAF so the temp shouldn't be a problem. I guess I need to check the wiring on this to make sure it doesn't get wired back in.

Originally Posted by Matt@SNLPerformance
Go to a 100mm MAF with the card style sensor. Then multiply your current MAF curve by 1.25 and check your trims. Tune MAF curve as you would with your stock MAF. Also make sure that your IAT sensor is reading correctly, if not you will need to modify the calibration table for it.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Launching!

Get that honeycomb(air straightener) I mentioned earlier as well. Dramatically helps with idle tuning and does actually help the entire range of the MAF read more accurately
Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Or just let it peg and adjust PE in those ranges. Thats how we use to do it years ago. I remember pegging MAF's at 3500rpm and running off PE. Some cars are still tuned like that.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:22 AM
FormerVendor

Shew I don't trust relying on PE alone though. I personally rather the airflow model add the fuel like it's supposed to rather than raping the PE. I know it works and has worked on cars but swing altitude or weather one way or the other and it'll be off.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

question for you guys, on an L92 got shorted the maf, gonna run a VVT3 cam, would I be better off with the card style or would the stock truck maf be big enough?

Quick Reply: Pegged LS2 MAF