Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions on my re tune?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default questions on my re tune?

ok guys I have a 68 truck with a lQ4 and 4l80e. the only mods I had were emissions delete, 1 3/4 hedders, 3" exhaust, and short k&n. also denso iriduims and msd wires. I sent the puter off and had a full tune for max performance. it started and ran fine and had real quick throttle response. then I installed a z+221 cam 221/226 .565/.560 114lsa springs and pushrods. the truck started and ran on the tune . idled great at 650 with a little hunting. I sent the computer back to the tuner for a retune and now have it back. again it starts right up and theres no hunting still idles around 650 but the throttle response is not so good. if you hit it hard it seems to fall on its face if you ease into it it will come up in rpms. but its not crisp by any means. my question? I only ran it for a few min because it was late and I did not have time to really warm it up or fool with it. will it get any better with time to idle and settle in. should I hold it at any certain rpms or anything. the truck is not to a drivable state as of now so I really cant put a load on it or cruse it. or is it time to chat with the tuner and send it back for another round? also I have a 24 x24 shop and with both tunes in about 5 min your eyes are watering from the fumes. is this normal? its not blowing black smoke out the exhaust or anything but it seems rich ( wife complains when I come in lol) and before anyone says .... yes I intend to get a dyno tune when she hits to road but I would like to get to a close tune as of now since I alredy payed for it lol. any help would be appreciated. also as of now im sending it to Indiana from west texas. so if anyone is close and wants to help out let me know. one last question. im not pulling any codes but im not sure what all has been disabled...
Old 12-02-2013, 11:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Give us a call tomorrow, we are in TX and can help you out.

Quick Reply: questions on my re tune?