Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Timing Tuner issues..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 05:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing Tuner issues..

After having the Timing Tuner for months, I finally get the N2O installed and I hook thing up. I'm not sure if it works on the N2O or not. It keeps killing the engine. I get Crank issue codes and it completely kills the motor. I know it's the timing tuner. I put the bypass module on it and I have no problems. I've fooled with the setting, turned in off, changed over all retard, etc... I'm hoping someone here has had similar issues, or may have a clue as to what the problem is. I bought it because I didn't want to have to write 2 different programs and change every time I went to the track. Can someone help?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Sounds like it your getting a lot of noise in the crank sensor signal. Make sure all your connections are solid and clean. Check to make sure the connectors are in order and connected properly. Nothing is backwards or anything. I know your not retarded but sometimes it happens. If all checks out call Ramchargers and have them send you out one. Its not the first time people have gotten bad ones "new" from the factory. I hear they are real good with getting you a new one without giving you any hassles.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:23 AM
Staging Lane

I spoke to them yesterday. They said basically the same thing, that it's more than likely getting interference from a plug wire or something. They said to move the harness and see if that helps. If not, they'll fix or replace it. So far they're proving to be very cooperative. Between my local speed shop "www.cincyspeed.com" and the sponsers here, $16,000 in parts later, I have very few complaints. Most helpful and cooperative group of people I've dealt with anywhere.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Good to hear. I routed mine with the starter wires. The give me enuff room to hid the tuner behind the relays on the driver side front I actually extended my wires quite a bit with no real issues. good luck.