Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 code delete

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 code delete

i have a question about my o2 codes. i had the car tuned and they turned off the codes for the front o2s. my question is how do i know from now on if i have a lazy one? will the computer still store the code just not turn the light on?
the reason i ask is, right after it was done the car felt stronger and the exhaust seemed more tame. after driving it a while my exhaust sounds louder and the car doesnt feel as strong.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

They shouldn't have deleted your front O2's, just the rear ones if your not running cats. There are 2 ways delete a code, 1) delete the actual code so the pcm doesn't report that code 2) delete just the check engine light for that code. With 1 you will not get that code with a scan tool. With 2 you can still throw the code but you wont get a check engine light but it will show up with a scan tool.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:31 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LSX Power Tuning
They shouldn't have deleted your front O2's, just the rear ones if your not running cats. There are 2 ways delete a code, 1) delete the actual code so the pcm doesn't report that code 2) delete just the check engine light for that code. With 1 you will not get that code with a scan tool. With 2 you can still throw the code but you wont get a check engine light but it will show up with a scan tool.
To add to this, even though they should not have turned the err reporting off the O2's will still do there job. You just won't know if they are malfunctioning. If you did not mistake the rears for the fronts then you may want to find a new tuner.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool thanks guys, im hoping they just turned it off so it would not trip the light. ill scan it and see what it says.

Quick Reply: o2 code delete