Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 help with methanol question

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 911 help with methanol question

Hey guys, I'm really close to buying an 02 SS in Vegas that has is still N/A but the 49 year old owner put a snow performance stage 2 kit on it. Well before selling to the dealer he took the bottle and jug off but left all electronics on it. My question is will it be safe to drive? The dealer said it's been retuned and runs like a top. I'm 1,000 miles away and can't drive it.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:56 PM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by W8S SS
Hey guys, I'm really close to buying an 02 SS in Vegas that has is still N/A but the 49 year old owner put a snow performance stage 2 kit on it. Well before selling to the dealer he took the bottle and jug off but left all electronics on it. My question is will it be safe to drive? The dealer said it's been retuned and runs like a top. I'm 1,000 miles away and can't drive it.
As long as there are no loose 12v wires hanging out in the open...it will be fine..

Just take a bunch of twist on wire nuts to be safe and just cover any wires you are unsure about.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya there's no wires exposed. One goes into the bellow after MAF and others go into fuse box. I talked to Sin City Performance and Max is gonna look at it for me before I hit the road Tuesday. I attached a pic of the control box mounted on driver side fender well.
Attached Thumbnails 911 help with methanol question-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: 911 help with methanol question