PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another high idle thread. Sorry guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not meaning this to be a dumb question, but have you pulled the MAF sensor to make sure it's in the right way, not turned around by chance is it? Second, even if it isn't the problem, you'll want to install a straightener in the tube in front of that MAF. They are super sensitive to turbulence and one is really needed for it to function properly.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Teching In

I've replaced the MAF and checked to make sure the MAF is oriented in the right direction. I'm going to buy one one of the air foils you're talking about to see if that helps. If it's not that only thing I can try is putting a new gas pedal in the car.

I pulled the intake and valley cover to check for anything and didn't find anything. No cracks or torn gaskets. This is getting ridiculous not being able to idle the car down. I can do it with a carburetor haha. Thanks for everyone's help so far. Hopefully I figure it out soon.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Teching In

I put the air straightener (honeycomb) in my cold air intake today. I mounted it 1" away from the MAF sensor and it idles every time now. Hangs for about 5 seconds but always comes down. I figure this is because my ECM is not seeing speed so does not know when to idle and when I'm shifting gears. But as long as I come to a red light and it's idling when I stop I'm good with that. It has never done it since I built the car. Hope this helps some other people on here and thanks for all the help!!!
Old 07-20-2015, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Can you please tell me where you got the air straightener?
Old 10-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Treadstone Performance 4" HoneyComb MAF Mass Air Meter Airflow Straightener

Go to Ebay or their Company online and order one, they are like 26 bucks shipped.

Quick Reply: Another high idle thread. Sorry guys