Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

torquer v2 mail order tune vs dyno

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default torquer v2 mail order tune vs dyno

I wanna do the torquer v2 114lsa kit from tsp.
Have and ls6 intake and cam now with longtubes and full exhaust.
stock heads.
Its my daily driver in the summer pretty much.

Im thinking about a mail order tune vs a dyno tune.

I live in orange county ny so for a dyno i would go to sick speed performance,
or do a mail order tune by frost.
Is there a big difference between tunes like this?
A mail order will be cheaper but how much less hp would it bring compared to a dyno?

Last edited by TheoLoop; 02-27-2014 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:42 PM
FormerVendor

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

With any mail order tune, the tuner can only build you a tune based off their experience in tuning setups similar to yours. They may have tuned hundreds of cars similar to yours and be able to nail your mail order really close. BUT every car is different so even if they tuned tons of cars with your setup yours could be the one that wants to be difficult. Any reputable dyno tune should always be better than a mail order tune since they are actually making changes to your tune off of data logs and real world feedback. I recommend with any mail order tune to check your WOT a/f at a minimum just to be safe. The safest bet would be to get a mail order tune from a shop to get you up and running and then get a dyno tune so the tune is dialed in for your car. We do dyno tunes and mail order and always recommend a dyno tune over a mail order tune if its possible. We know a dyno tune is not always possible is why we offer mail order tunes. I suggest calling both companies and talking to them and then make your decision.

Quick Reply: torquer v2 mail order tune vs dyno