PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Electrical question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014 | 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Default Electrical question

Hey fellas,
Need some advice/assistance. I have a 00 ta that i have done a wire hide and also t56 swap, among other things. My issue is when you turn the ignition key to the "ON" position, the starter engages. My second issue is i have no display on my odo. Everything else, lights, horn, radio etc. work fine. Not sure if im getting spark to coils yet.
I did the wire mod pretty fool proof, used a numbered sticker on each wire. I also spliced the dark green and purple wire on the auto shifter sensor (the sensor that reads if the car is in park), they are together.
I've ran all my grounds back to the battery.

Will a bad ignition cylinder cause these issues?

Where would be a good place to start my diagnosis?

Thanks

Last edited by optiplex; 03-10-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-11-2014 | 07:21 AM
On The Tree

Any help/advice would be usefull....
Old 03-11-2014 | 10:13 AM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

If everything was fine before you changed your wiring then I would recheck your work. Something went wrong when you rewired. Not sure if all the grounds should go back to the battery. Try grounding them to the chassis and see if that helps.
Old 03-11-2014 | 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Whats stumping me is, after i completed the wiring,i checked to make sure that everything worked..which it did. I had all my idiot lights, odo, lights, basically everything that i could check worked. I wasnt able to check the starter because the motor was out of the car at that time.

I forgot to mention that i do not have any idiot lights now either. The only lights that light up in the cluster is the service engine soon and security. The security light comes on for a few seconds then goes off, it doesnt blink.. Also, i know i have power to my odo because when i cycle the key to the off position, the display will flash solid red for a fraction of a second

Quick Reply: Electrical question