PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing new PCM with remote start??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Installing new PCM with remote start??????

I have a 04" Silverado 4.8 and I hav the VIPER 791XV remote start/alarm which included the p***lock byp***(DEI-555L) and im waiting on a custom tune to come in(not mentioning from who because well we know why) and I'm trying to figure out if there is going to be a problem installing the new pcm? Some say no a few say yes! I have a on/off toggle under the dash for emergency reasons. Does anyone have any idea or has anyone had this combo and if so did it work together.Any info would be more than ive got so far! My alarm shop says they dont THINK it will be a problem but thats not good enough for me!
Old 05-13-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm... i'm not 100% sure on this...

I was under the impression that the info pertaining to the keys were stored in the BCM not the PCM ... if this is the case then it shouldn't have any affect at all...

I know w/my f-body (but granted that's passkey technology aka resistor) I borrowed a friends PCM and had no ill affects

I also know many Grand Prix people that get PCMs from various sources and they just toss them in and they're done (including a couple 04 GPs which prolly use the same passlock bypass?)
Old 05-25-2004, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should be no problems, but maybe I don't understand what you are asking. The only thing the starter will do is supply power to your starter wire, accessory wire, ignition, ect. I don't see how this would effect anything on the PCM. The by**** you are refering to just makes it so you can start the car without the key by sending a signal allowing it to start.