Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help getting stroker to idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 01:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help getting stroker to idle

I really need some help figuring out my cars idle. I am tired of heeltoeing just to keep it running. It is annoying to have to do this all the time and embarassing when it just falls on its face and stalls.

My issue: whenever rpms drop after throttle, I need to give it gas and slowly let it settle to idle otherwise it will stall.

Once It gets at idle, it will hold it no problem. It is a balancing act and I just cant get it right. It seems that when I do get it close, it doesn't work at all conditions.

404 ls2, h/c/i, fast 102/102, ford greentops, racetronix pump.
It drives awesome at part throttle and WOT, smooth as butter and pulls like crazy.

I adjusted the fueling tables for my fuel mods, made a nice VE and MAF table, did some spark tuning, did many cold scans. Going off of the scanner, the idle appears perfect but it just doesnt work in real life. Ive tried tons of different spark values, counts usually stay 50-70ish, ive played with just about every setting and went back to stock to start fresh many times with no luck.

Any ideas?
Old 03-26-2014, 05:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Maybe, post the tune file and some data logs???
Old 04-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Have you run the russk idle configuration on it. I use that on mine with a 242/244 cam and it seemes to work out great. Also post logs of it. Im no expert by any means but ill look at it.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:47 AM
On The Tree

Concur with the last post. You can find it on hptuners forum. Also check to make sure your dfco isnt causing the idle return issue. The over and under speed spark tables might be another good starting point. Some cars take less others take more in these tables.

Quick Reply: Need help getting stroker to idle