PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M6 swap - not enough throttle hang while shifting.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 01:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M6 swap - not enough throttle hang while shifting.

Swapped over to an M6, and switched over to the M6 tune on the 98 PCM. Everything works great, with the exception of the throttle not hanging enough when I go to shift. The rpm drops down too fast, making driving somewhat jerky... being a relative n00b to LSx tuning, where should I be looking? I know thirdgens had something similar for the manual cars, just not sure where to go on this platform.

Edit for some more car info: 98 TA 6.0 LQ4, stock heads/cam, ls6 intake, lt headers. Pretty much stock motor.

So Im guessing I need to adjust the throttle follower decay... beings that I need the throttle to hang when the clutch is in, Im assuming Ill need to adjust the P/N Decay Rate?

Last edited by Rob WS6; 03-31-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:02 AM
Teching In

Throttle cracker and throttle follower and throttle follower decay. Mostly throttle cracker. I make the P/N and gear settings the same because I don't really know which is referenced when. Try grabbing the tables from some other stock tunes - there's a bunch of different settings between years and models (Holdens are different). Then just mix and match and adjust untill you find something you like. I find the stock VX Holden settings quite nice.

I also hate the stock 800 rpm idle speed - wants to crawl too fast in carparks - I drop it to 600 with no ill effects. However this requires changes to desired idle airflow, and requires more changes to throttle cracker and follower to increase the rev hang back up.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok thanks. I never took into account that a 6.0 might act a bit different than a 5.7. Guess its just enough, Ill first make sure my IAC counts are in check, as I did mess with the TB some too. And yeah, the 800 RPM idle is somewhat annoying, I was surprised it was set that high, thought there was something wrong when I first fired it up after the swap.

Quick Reply: M6 swap - not enough throttle hang while shifting.